Sunday, July 25, 2010

country wedding




When this wonderful family said that they would provide all of the garden roses for me to use on the tables for this beautiful county wedding, I was a little worried that i would turn up and I'd have a few sad blooms to work with....When I arrived from Melbourne with a van full of peonies and other bits and pieces that I had got to go with the garden roses, I set myself up in a neighbour's shed.... i was amazed and thrilled and SO happy to find buckets of the most incredible garden roses i have ever smelt or seen. It was one of the most magical days I've had...every single rose was a complete pleasure and the fragrance was indescribable ...under a hot tin roof on a 30something degree day i toiled until i had everything arranged and packed away in the fridge ( the neighbours used to grow wild flowers until the drought, and the old cool room was still there and turned on for me!)
I could barely sleep i was so excited about setting it all up in the marquee. I got up extra early and went to another neighbouring property to pick eucalyptus foliage to make giant wreaths for the church...i was up a tree for the sun rise. ( really, does it get much better?)
photos by sarah wood, wedding by georgeous weddings

No comments: